Internship - Event Assistant for the Atlantic Dialogues Conference
OCP Policy Center is hiring highly motivated and successful individuals for its Internship program. Our event assistant interns will be hired to assist in the organization of the 6th edition of the Atlantic Dialogues conference. You will acquire significant experience in major conferences’ management, and general office duties in a young and dynamic environment.More
The Atlantic Dialogues, organized by OCP Policy Center, brings together around 350 high-level public- and private-sector leaders from around the Atlantic Basin for three days of open, informal discussion on cross-regional issues ranging from security to economics, migration to energy. Participants from North and South America, Africa, Europe, and Asia include senior officials, business leaders, opinion shapers and the media.
Get first-hand experience of high-level political event organization on a strategic, analytical and operational level. AD interns will help with a variety of tasks during the 4 months preceding the conference, including but not limited to the management of guest relations, production, transportation assistance, and communication and media. AD interns will also have the opportunity to join the entire organizations team.
Internships are at minimum three months and at maximum six months, with a preference for six months period. Contracts may not be extended beyond the internship assignment. Interns may benefit from a stipend, however, they are responsible for their own living expenses.
Scope of work
- Assist in the organization and set up of conference venue, catering, accommodation and transport;
- Assist in the invitations and logistical follow up
- Provide operational, logistical and administrative support for the conference attendees
- Update database for venue contacts
- Conducting research on different topics related to the Think Tank’s areas of interest
Qualifications and Requirements
- Students pursuing a Bachelors or Master’s degree in event management fields (Management, Political Sciences, Marketing and Communications, Tourism etc.)
- Experience in event management
- Strong interest in current policy issues
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Fluency in French and English
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Highly motivated and ability to work independently and to function well in a team setting
- Well organized with multi-tasking skills
- Good communication, writing and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Must be organized, committed, and responsible