Research Assistant – Agriculture, Environment and Food Security
OCP Policy Center is hiring a Research Assistant in Agriculture, Environment and Food Security to support our fellows and researchers with their current analysis and projects.More
OCP Policy Center is seeking a rigorous and conscientious individual to provide research support to the think Tank’s experts in Agriculture, Environment and Food Security. This is an entry level position and duties and positions evolve according to seniority and experience.
Research assistants undertake research and analytical support, writing, and/or statistical assistance, participate in the analysis, communication, and presentation of research findings. OCP Policy Center’s Research Assistants have excellent communication and writing skills, substantial experience in statistical analysis tools, and are used to team work.
The candidate should demonstrate a good understanding of global economic issues, including a special interest in developing country issues, agricultural specificities and drivers of growth in developing and developed economies.
Key areas of responsibility
- In collaboration with senior research staff, draft material summarizing research results on analysis and studies related to the national and continental agricultural sector, for incorporation into working papers and project publications;
- Provide analytical reviews and summaries of existing literature pertinent to the projects;
- Locate and collect relevant documents and data from sources such as electronic databases libraries, and government publications;
- Compile, read, abstract, and organize written material into bibliographic form and summaries;
- Contribute to analytical work produced by experts, to the blog and globally to all publications;
- Maintain electronic bibliography files;
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
Web Content/Onine Research
- Update web pages in support of the expert’s areas of interest;
- Conduct Internet research for related information to support documentation presented in related Web Pages;
- Write and edit summaries to be posted on pages relating to expert's work.
In addition to tasks specific to research, research assistants are frequently invited to provide assistance for the organization of meetings and conferences related to the fellows’ work and projects.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Agronomy, economic and social development engineering or agribusiness and development studies;
- Research and/or professional experience in socioeconomic development studies and understanding of the role of the agricultural sector in the dynamics of continental growth;
- Work experience and involvement in agricultural development studies and working knowledge of socioeconomic dynamics in rural sector;
- Competence to undertake research assignments and case studies with little supervision;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Experience working in national rural sector, preferably with a demonstrated knowledge of rural characteristics in agriculture;
- Strong foundation in statistical methods and analysis of quantitative data related to agricultural exploitation;
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to organize, meet deadlines, and multitask;
- Fluency in French and English language (reading, speaking, and writing) is required.Apply now