OCP Policy Center is seeking a dependable, mature and energetic communications Officer, to lead and implement the think Tank’s corporate and external communication strategy.More
Job summary :
The Communication Officer will work within the valorization of research department, and participate in building and sustaining OCP Policy Center's reputation for quality and reliability.
Under the supervision of the Head of research valorization, he or she will ensure that the publications, events and activities of the Policy Center are communicated efficiently to partners, media, and targeted audiences. He or she will edit publications and adequate communication materials, implement the best strategy defined for each activity and follow up the digital communication.
Candidates should have excellent editorial skills, strong organization, ability to execute quick judgment all with a strong editorial eye and high attention to detail.
Key areas of responsibility :
Editing of publications and of communication material
- Edit the publications submitted by researchers, Fellows and partners.
- Edit communication material related to OCP Policy Center’s events and programs.
- Ensure the creation and production of media content (press releases, interviews…).
Digital communication strategy
- Follow up the updating of the website and social networks.
- Support web-site and online tool development (managing interviews, OCPPCTV, podcasts, and other multimedia content)
- Support online outreach through various channels
- Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Write press releases and articles (or edit those produced elsewhere) to publicize the Think Tank’s activities and achievements - Respond to all media enquiries in timely manner.
- Graduate in Communications/Political Science/Journalism
- A minimum of two years relevant work experience in a communications office.
- English and French language fluency (reading, speaking, and writing) required, Arabic appreciated.
- Highly articulate in verbal presentations as well as written communications and exceptional editorial skills
- Excellent attention to detail and deadlines
- Strong communications (written, verbal and interpersonal) skills, including tact, diplomacy, and ability to influence.
- Integrity, maturity, dependability, a positive professional attitude.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast paced, dynamic and team based environment