OCP Policy Center, Rabat.
This class tackles the following questions:
• The impacts of carbon tax on energy demand in the industrial sector;
Keep me informed
• The impact of high crop prices on the use of agro-chemical inputs (fertilizers, pesticides);
• The evaluation of environmental goods for example wetlands valuation using contingent valuation method, or biodiversity valuation using choice experiment method;
• The study of land use changes and their impact on the environment (biodiversity,Greenhouse Gas Emissions, water quality);
• The emphasis will be put on methodological aspects, notably choosing which econometric model should be estimated to answer the questions, which estimation method should be used, how to tackle endogeneity issues…;
• The econometric methods that will be presented will include: panel data Methods, discrete choice methods, spatial econometrics.